Voting Modernization for Santa Clara County.
March 3, 2020: California Primary Elections!
On March 3, 2020, the Voter Choice Act is set to modernize voting for Santa Clara County residents, making it easier and more convenient for everyone to cast their votes!
Here are the key changes for you to know:
- Vote at any Vote Center: Voters are no longer required to go to an assigned polling place. You, as a registered voter, will be able to vote in person at any Vote Center – you can vote where you work, where you go to school, or where you run errands.
- More Time to Vote: You have more time to vote at any location convenient to you:
All Vote Centers will be open for at least three days before the election in addition to Election Day for a total of 4 days of polling. Some Vote Centers will open starting 10 days before the election. Vote Centers will even be open on weekends to make it even easier to fit voting into your busy schedule.
- Accessible Ballots:
- Vote-By-Mail: Vote-by-Mail ballots were sent to you on February 3 (29 days before an election) and you can you can vote during election week (February 22-March 3, 2020) by:
- Drop Off: You can drop off the Vote-By-Mail ballot at any Vote Center from now through poll closure on March 3 at 8:00 p.m.
- Mail: You can mail your Vote-By-Mail in the postage-paid return envelope (i.e. you do not have to add stamps).
- Request Ballot at Vote Center: If you forget your Vote-By-Mail ballot at the Vote Center, you can request a new ballot and your Vote-By-Mail ballot will be voided.
- Accessible Locations: Vote Centers are accessible:
- By public transportation
- With increased staffing for voting assistance and language help
- 110 Vote Centers throughout the County on Election Day
What If I Missed the Voter Registration deadline but I’m otherwise eligible to vote?
- You will have the option to do a Conditional Voter Registration at any Vote Center.
- Conditional Voter Registration allows you to register to vote and cast a ballot at the same time.
- After the Registrar of Voters finishes processing your voter registration and confirms your eligibility, you ballot will be opened and counted.